Thursday 24 May 2012

First Impressions: AKB0048


"At the start of the 21st century, an interplanetary war broke out. Earth's ecosystem was severely damaged, and humanity was forced to flee the planet. In several planets of this new society, things that "disturb the heart" like music and art are forbidden. 48 years later, the legendary idol group AKB48 is resurrected as the interplanetary troupe AKB0048. Held as heroines by some and labeled as terrorists by others, they must take up arms to bring their music to their fans wherever they are. The story follows a group of young hopefuls as they train to become the next generation of AKB0048."

Sounds like an AMAZING anime, not enjoying it as much as I thought I would though. So far there has been 4 episodes released on www.watchanimeon.com. My score for this particular anime for my first impression is a 6/10. I find that the anime itself has too childish of a feel for me and deals with some extremely dramatic situations. I feel like this anime could be A LOT better if they had characters in it that were closer to their late teen years as apposed to children (similar to Code Geass).

Story has a lot of potential. We shall see how it progesses further into the anime.

Animation is awesome. It looks like they use some CG animation for the performances that the girls do. I really like this look. I personally think that it brings more life to the anime. Last thing I will mention is the opening theme. Highly addictive. I am a HUGE fan of japanese music but extremely picky to what I listen to. I have already made this song my ringtone.

Check it out here: AKB0048

No comments:

Post a Comment